Sunday, November 29, 2015

Got served re: debt. Summon: The XO Spirit-Protector of Shitlaw


Date: November 18th, 2015 11:57 AM
Author: ...,,.,.....,,..,..,..,.,,....,....,.

I had about 70K in 0 to 2% credit card debt and paid off school debt when I got shitcanned :) Naturally, I stopped paying the min payments on credit cards. Now I have a 55K 9-5 job in Midwest.


The plan was to sit this through and if things turn for better, pay off all or part, if things turn for worse, file Ch 7. Unfortunately 55K is not automatic Ch 7 territory, so I was procrastinating.

Well, one of the creditors filed in small claims for $3,000 . Does anyone know what would be the best strategy to settle this for 20% or so as "paid if full"? Should I go to court first or should I contact them and try to settle first?

P.S. Since "too big to fail" bailouts I have 0 moral qualms about not paying the banks back. Fuck them.




(http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=3048163&forum_id=2#29206543)



Date: November 18th, 2015 12:20 PM
Author: <( ' ' <)~~

Google defending against credit card debt collectors.


Google FDCPA issues.

Debt collectors are often unwilling or unable to prove assignment of your claim.

Assuming its a court with rules of evidence, refresh yourself on hearsay, business records, Rule 106, and shit like that.

(http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=3048163&forum_id=2#29206637)


No comments:

Post a Comment