Sunday, January 8, 2017

A little decree about archiving



Date: January 8th, 2017 12:53 PM
Author: rachmiel

Over the years many have come to me with concerns about the collection of data by individuals on this site. I said nothing, because I don't like rules, but I also don't like chilling effects.


Today I've decided to make it very clear that archiving board data and/or sharing it with others is PROHIBITED. While I've never been explicit about this before, these activities have been used to intimidate and threaten our perception of privacy and it's time that a clear policy is stated.

At present the only exceptions to this are those granted to major search engines like Google, a class for which neither TSINAH nor Ragnus nor anyone else engaged in automated archiving qualify.

So, to reiterate, archiving board data (whether meta or actual post content) is prohibited, and the Board of Directors of Tafelpoastmachers GmbH reserves the right to take any action in order to prevent violations of our Terms of Service. (Yes, that's our new legal name following last year's corporate buyout; it's ugly but it's just how business works in the 21st century.) Folks, we're talking about the lives of our children at risk - I will stop at nothing for our children.

There are technical solutions that we can implement in order to make archiving more difficult, but first things first, I wanted to be clear about what's actually permitted. And archiving is not.

P.S. I'm not going to attempt to define archiving here, but I know it when I see it.

(http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=3485004&forum_id=2#32326757)

No comments:

Post a Comment